Website Manager – EIN Presswire
Join our international non-profit research organization and help create a sustainable and prosperous future for all! The Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) is a dynamic and growing workplace employing approximately 110 people of 28 different nationalities in an activity-based office in central Stockholm and an additional 200 staff in centers around the world.
We are looking for an organized, innovative and proactive website manager with experience in user experience (UX), web development and quality assurance of digital content. This is a central role where you will maintain and develop the digital profile and capacity of the organization.
The Website Manager must ensure user-focused, high-quality and innovative content on SEI’s digital platforms, act as a digital sourcing advisor and work closely with the web agency to implement our development packages for the website. Working with the Corporate Communications Manager, you will work on the website and content strategy, including implementing styles and consistency and connections to project websites. You should have experience and enjoy providing training and guidance to build the digital capabilities of the communications team, as well as the patience this may require.
One of the objectives of the role is to improve and optimize the SEI website, including:
- apply UX skills to improve our user interface (UI)
- analyze and act on web analytics
- collect and prioritize improvements
- write improvement notes and work with the agency on functional specification documents
- development planner management
- test and approve development changes
- carrying out surveys and user tests
- be the first point of contact for the web agency for bugs and technical problems.
- Optimize website to improve user experience, conversions and thought leadership
- Ensure that the look and design of the website adheres to SEI’s visual identity and accessibility guidelines to impact our research with a wide range of policy makers and practitioners
- Work closely with the Corporate Communications Manager on strategies and further development of the website and related projects
- Work collaboratively with the Web Editor and Communications Officers on content updates and quality assurance
- Work collaboratively with other functions including Human Resources, Operations and other centers on optimizing the website structure
- Monitor and improve site performance
- Execute small and large web development projects with agencies and the Corporate Communications Manager or other internal resources
- Provide web statistics to relevant stakeholders and implement adjustments accordingly
- Provide training and guidance to the Global Communications team to improve capabilities.
The successful candidate will be part of SEI’s Numerical Optimization and understands the importance of this work. As a person, you enjoy being part of a team, finding innovative solutions while working in a structured way and have a natural ability to think outside the box.
- At least 5-7 years of work experience in digital and a degree in marketing/web/IT or similar
- Proven experience with web content management systems (ideally WordPress and others), including training others and/or troubleshooting technical issues
- Knowledge of web languages such as HTML and CSS
- Experience in regular monitoring, analysis and reporting with digital analytics
- Experience and knowledge of UX/UI
- Experience and knowledge of web accessibility
- Excellent English writing skills for technical specifications and website writing
- Experience working in collaboration with web developers and/or designers.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills and strong networking skills
- Ability to find innovative solutions and think outside the box
- Ability to make decisions while balancing conflicting priorities
- Ability to set clear expectations, ask for clarification and be responsive
- Diplomatic approach and inclusive mindset
- Proactive and curious to learn more
- Bring a flexible and positive attitude to work and enjoy working with a like-minded team.
You do not need to be a Swedish or EU citizen or have a work or residence permit to apply for a job at SEI headquarters. SEI has a hybrid working environment, which allows you to split your time between the SEI office and working remotely from home. Once employed, you must reside in Sweden and preferably also in Stockholm. It is not possible to work from a country other than Sweden.
At SEI Headquarters, we offer a challenging position in an international environment. You will be part of a leading multinational, multidisciplinary and multilingual team of experts in an organization where the well-being and development of our employees is a top priority. We value diversity and creativity at the heart of what we do and invite applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Our ambition is to provide a safe, professional and creative workspace for everyone.
- Collective agreement including occupational pension and many other conventional benefits
- Annual medical contribution and additional benefits related to the promotion of employee well-being such as annual health check-ups
- Opportunities for growth and professional development
- Flexible working hours, 37.5 hour work week and generous number of vacation days
- Participate in solving environmental and development problems by developing solutions for a sustainable future for all.
We review applications continuously, so please submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than Tuesday, December 9, 2022, 11:59 p.m. local Stockholm time.
Applications should be written in English and consist of a short CV and cover letter (one page maximum).
As we only accept applications through our recruitment system, please apply online using the button below and include:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
- Curriculum vitae.