Emerging healthcare technology and innovation strengthen the sector

company logo

Dublin, Oct. 20, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The report “Global Healthcare Security Systems Market: Size, Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecast 2022 -2030” was added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.

The global healthcare security market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10%. Emerging healthcare technologies and innovation are driving the growth of the market and hence are a key priority. Health care safety systems play a critical role in development. The nature of their business poses unique security issues that can expose them to theft and internal misuse.

From sensitive medical records and high-value clinical equipment to pharmaceutical and medical inventories, healthcare security has become a top priority and is improving in conditions against theft, organized crime, fire issues and personal safety, etc.

There is a need to provide secure facilities for patients, staff and healthcare workers, ensuring the security of sensitive information provided by patients. In recent years, there has been an increase in cybercrime and activities that violate access to healthcare systems.

In the case of research and innovation, breaching access can lead to data theft and leakage of vital information. The high cost of systems and less concern about data security have driven cybercrimes into action. The US healthcare industry spends about $3.5 trillion on security systems, according to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and that figure is expected to skyrocket over the next decade.

Significant increase in internal fraud

According to the Carnegie Mellon University Software Engineering Institute (CMUSEI), more than half of insider fraud incidents in the healthcare industry involve the theft of customer data. The National Insider Threat Center (NITC) Incident Corpus identified approximately 88 malicious insider incidents that were mapped to more than 91 healthcare centers directly affected by attacks from 1996 to present.

These incidents do not include unintentional insider threats that may have accidentally left a laptop at a bus stop or sent an email containing PHI to a party it was not intended for. The healthcare network has accounted for significant insider fraud. Nearly 80% of frauds or threats are caused by internal employees, the other 20% are caused by other factors.

To avoid the increase in insider fraud, many software makers have built a technology-driven system. Ransomware attacks against healthcare organizations quadrupled between 2017 and 2020 and are expected to reach 5 times by the end of 2021, according to a report by Cyber ​​Security Ventures. Health systems need to prevent cyberattacks or access to information breaches.

Training remains a key challenge, but NA must dominate

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Unsecured Protected Health Information Breach lists 592 unsecured protected health information breaches affecting 500 or more people in the past 24 months that currently make the under investigation by the Civil Rights Office. 306 of the breaches were reported in 2020.

According to a recent survey, 24% of healthcare workers in the United States have never received cybersecurity awareness training, but felt they should have, according to a report analyzed by Health IT Security l ‘last summer. Effective training enables users to detect and respond to phishing scams, which are the source of more than 90% of all cyberattacks. Europe, Asia-Pacific and other developing regions have also seen an increase in the rate of cybercrime. Care must be taken to overcome cyberattacks as they lead to loss of business and also create trust issues for patients.

Market segmentation
Product

Technology

Main topics covered:

1. Preface

2. Executive Summary

3. Healthcare Security Systems Market: Business Outlook and Market Dynamics

4. Healthcare Security Systems Market: By Product, 2020-2030, USD (Million)

5. Healthcare Security Systems Market: By Technology, 2020-2030, USD (Million)

6. North America Healthcare Security System Market, 2020-2030, USD (Million)

7. UK & EU Healthcare Security Systems Market, 2020-2030, USD (Million)

8. Asia-Pacific Healthcare Security System Market, 2020-2030, USD (Million)

9. Latin America Healthcare Security System Market, 2020-2030, USD (Million)

10. Middle East & Africa Healthcare Security System Market, 2020-2030, USD (Million)

11. Company Profiles

Companies cited

For more information on this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/lb8j89

CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood,Senior Press Manager [email protected] For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900

Comments are closed.